- Art Gallery Fabrics, “Quilter’s Cheat Sheets”: https://liveartgalleryfabrics.com/quilters-cheat-sheets/
Local Quilt Shops/ Brick and Mortar
- Humble Stitch, 2 N 2nd St #102, Newport, PA 17074: https://www.humblestitch.com/
A community space and fiber arts store located in Newport, PA, carrying a variety of supplies and materials, focusing on specialized items exclusively available to independent yarn and fabric shops. Select classes for a growing list of fiber disciplines, including quilting, sewing, crochet, knitting, and embroidery. I love the welcoming feel and thoughtfully curated collection of the shop. Kaitlin, the owner, has outstanding knowledge and is extremely helpful for guidance on any stitching project.
- Weis Dry Goods, 5683 Shermans Valley Rd, Loysville, PA 17047: no website, call (717) 789-4308
A small, family-operated dry good and fabric shop focused on traditional fabrics from various manufacturers. Offerings include basic sewing notions, cotton and calico prints, wide backings, garment fabric, fleece, flannel, minky and batting by the yard. This is a no-frills old-fashioned shop with a great selection of basics at a can’t beat price. I love the large selection in each color of the rainbow and purchase a lot of basic background and backing fabrics here.
Online Quilt Shops
- Stitch Central Shop, Bryn Athyn, Pennsylvania: https://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchCentralShop
Yarn and fabric for the modern maker. A nearby online shop with a great selection of modern designers and precut bundles. I love the quick shipping and great service.
- Fresh Modern Fabric, Bluffton, Ohio: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FreshModernFabric
Designer prints and modern basics. Alice is easy to contact and replies quickly to questions and requests. I love the selection of modern basics and Kona solids.
- Hawthorne Supply Company, Red Hook, NY: https://www.hawthornesupplyco.com/
Shop the selection of modern fabric by the yard, indie sewing patterns, thread, and wallpaper. This shop offers their own in-house digitally printed designs and collaborations with other artists for a unique offering of quilting and garment fabrics. I love the color matching tool for helping to select perfectly coordinated fabrics across brands.
Miscellaneous Notions and Supplies
- Inked Papers, Stoughton, Wisconsin: https://www.etsy.com/shop/inkedpapers
Graphic design and fabric labels. This shop offers custom logo design assistance and fabric labels. I have been getting my logo labels printed with them for years and can attest to the great quality of the product. My labels always arrive without errors and wear well.